Lighten Bug

Dear Friends

Happy Summer!  Does being outside make you happy! As I mentioned, my husband started a new job, he is on night shift, ugh!!!  So, you are probably wondering why lighten bugs?  When I get off work at 7:00, I come home, change and usually walk thru my garden, sit in my rocking chair and wait for the lighten bugs to appear.  I do other things just leading up to the blog title, LOL!  I've been so fascinated, why, they take me back to my childhood, when kids played out side, remember, hide and seek, red light, green light, Mother May I, do you remember?  There is another bucket list for me to see the annual lighten bug appearance in TN!  It's so popular it's seen by lottery only, about 2000 people can attend and over 20,000 apply.  Not going to happen this year and if anyone has done this will you please let me know?




So, I decided to make my own lighten bug show or solar light show myself and wait and watch with the real lighten bugs at the house. This shabby chandy was something I already had, painted and glued the 98 cent solar lights, had to glue the base, added moss, crystals and a few silk roses.  I chalked painted the black outside of the solar light but the heat cracked the paint and had to repaint! This time not with chalk paint put acrylic that would stand the heat!  My favorite solar light is the one in the bottle, found this at TJ Max, remember this bottle, a Goodwill Find, these solar lights actually remind me of the real lighten bugs and my mushroom solar light, TJ Max, changes colors!  Lots of colors even pink but I prefer the usual bright white light!  And then there is the usual string of lights, I also added solar lights to the flower pots and a few of my favorite deck flowers for your enjoyment.  So, there you have it, a lighten bug solar light adventure at Debby Goes Shabby, in my own back yard!  So glad you were here to enjoy it with me!













9 comments

  1. Very pretty. I just love how a few simple items can transform an old fixture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH that is SO pretty Debby. I can just imagine sitting there, gently rocking the cares f the day away. Just beautiful. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debby, your chandy is so pretty. I love the way you have it hanging over the table on your deck. Thank you for sharing at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debby, I love it! That Lightening bug festival sounds fabulous. I've never heard of it before. Hope you get to go some day! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful and the lightening bug festival sounds great!! So happy to have you as my feature on #OMHGWW this week. http://fromevijawithlove.com/2017/06/27/sideboard-wonderful-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I might paint mine white when it needs an update! How did you attached the crystals? I think my solar lights are possibly my favorite thing in my gardens. But then again, its hard to choose. haha I love your lights.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun it must be to sit in the evening under this lovely solar chandelier Debby.
    Thank you for sharing it at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tonight's party and pinning as well.
    Hugs - Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear friends, thank you for taking the time to visit Debby Goes Shabby. I hope you enjoy your visit.